Thursday, June 30, 2011

Judging a Book By Its Cover (Yes, the Elephant Man Wears Ivory)

Humans have been doing this for a long time, and not just to me. Sometimes it is just the way it goes. Recently I have been frequently photographed, and it has been beneficial for the publicity of Shambala. These photographs have also caused people to ask why the Elephant Man wears ivory. I wear my ivory necklace and rings proudly despite this criticism. They do not know the real story. When my two elephants were alive, they would break and chip their tusks by digging holes to reach roots underground, ripping branches off of trees, and occasionally scuffling with one another. For me, it was important to find and gather these broken pieces of Timbo and Cora's ivory, and I am glad I did. When they died, it was essential to lay the two at rest fully intact, meaning I did NOT and would NOT cut these pieces of ivory off of the elephants out of respect and honor. A warrior is laid to rest with his sword and shield, and I did just that. Once they were gone, I made these two ivory rings and pendant to wear proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment